Here’s a quick information for those students seeking admissions for under graduate courses at Delhi University for the academic year 2013-2014. Currently, over 20,000 students from the Northeast India is enrolled with the university.
Delhi University Admission 2013-2014:
Delhi University has announced the dates for undergraduate admissions for the academic session 2013-2014. It will commence on the 5th June and will continue till 19th June 2013. Unlike last year, there will be common registration for all categories of students. The college will announce their cut offs for every course and category (Gen/ST/SC/OBC/PH).
The candidates who wish to consider for admission for various undergraduate courses in different colleges of the University, for which there is no entrance exam, are required to register either online at www.du.ac.in or register offline by completing pre-admission form (OMR) available and to be submitted at the admission information centres in Delhi.
There will be no registration/pre-admission form at the college level (online/offline). For sports/ECA and Hostel accommodation forms/applications are to be collected and submitted in the concern college. For admission to St. Stephen College and Jesus & Mary College, aspirants should contact the concerned college.
The University offers the following degrees for each undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor with honours/B.tech (4 academic years).
- Bachelor (3 academic years).
- Diploma (2 academic years)
The number of centres/colleges providing the admission forms has been increased from 4 to 18 this year. While filling up the pre?registration form the student will no longer have to select the colleges, they will just have to select the courses they are interested in and when the colleges declared the first cut-off list, they can walk into any college and claim admission if they meet the college cut-off percentage.
Naga Students’ Union, Delhi helpdesk:
Any students from the region can ask for information and inquiries related to college admissions, hostels and room rents. The Naga Students’ Union, Delhi’s admission committee members will be available at the Faculty of Arts (North Campus) and Deans Students’ Welfare office (south Campus) to assist Naga students and others in filling up their forms and other related difficulties. It is advisable for students to submit their forms at the above mention centres for clarity and better co-ordination. For further information and queries, the concern parents/candidates may contact the NSUD admission committee member for 2013-2014.
- Chairman – Joram Maivio (+91-9873094566)
- Member – I.D. Gil (+91-9953049802)
- Member – Kavito Sheqi (+91-9716403378)
- Member – Lhousino Sale (+91-9654801490)
- Member – Merithung Odyuo (+91-7835880980)
- Member – Pamreishang Kashung (+91-8447397548)
- Member – Sayine Osah (+91-9582164793)
List of courses for which Admission is through Entrance Test only:
1. Bachelor with Honours in French, German, Hispanic studies, Italian studies
2. Bachelor with Honours in Music
3. Bachelor with Honours in Hindi Patrakarita
4. Bachelor with Honours in Journalism and Mass Communication
5. Bachelor with Honours in Social Work
6. Bachelor with Honours in Management Studies
8. Bachelor with Honours in PE, SS and HS
9. Bachelor of fine arts
10. B.Tech/ B.S. in Innovation with Mathematics &IT, B.Tech (Humanities)
Admission Information Centres:
a) North Delhi/Central Delhi:
1. Miranda House
2. Kirorimal college
3.Faculty of arts
4.Swami Sharadhanand college
5. Zakir Husain College
b) South Delhi:
1. Jt. Dean Students Welfare Office
3. A.R.S.D College
4. Gargi College
6. College of Vocational Studies
c) East Delhi
1.B.R. Ambedkar College
2.Shyam Lal College
4.Maharaja Agrasen College
c) West Delhi
1. Rajdhani College
2. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College
3. Bhagini Nivedita College
List of Courses Available:
1.Arabic 2.Bengali 3.Commerce 4.Economics 5.English 6.English 7.Geography 8.Hindi 9.History 10. Sanskrit 11.Sociology 12. Persian 13. Political Science 14.Philosophy 15. Urdu 16. Punjabi
b) SCIENCES/APPLIED SCIENCES/MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
1.Anthropology 2.Biochemistry 3. Botany 4. Chemistry 5.Geology 6. Biomedical Science 7. Home Science 8. Mathematics 9. Micro Biology 10. Physics 11. Statistics 12. Zology
c) B.Tech COURSES
1.Computer Science 2. Electronics 3. Food technology 4. Instrumentation 5. Polymer Science 6. Psychological Science
Aspiring candidates are required to produce the following documents at the time of admission:
1. Caste/Tribe certificate in the name of the candidate.
2. Class X (ten) certificate.
3.Class X (ten) Marksheet.
4. Class XII (twelve) Certificate/ Provisional Certificate.
5. Class XII (twelve) mark sheet.
6. Transfer Certificate.
7. Migration Certificate.
8. Character Certificate (For students who have years gap should also produce the latest, they can get it from any gazetted officer).
9. Two passport size photographs.