Arguably one of the biggest tourism and youth festivals in South East Asia, it’s time to gear up for the upcoming annual Hornbill Festival of Nagaland again, where over 3,00,000 festive goers is expected for this year’s celebration. The festival has been extended till 10th of December this year to commemorate its statehood Golden Jubilee.
Adding another exciting fuel to the news, the much awaited 2013 Hornbill International Rock Contest have been announced today. This time the winning band prize is bank with one million (10 lacs) rupees and will accept entries from international shores as well.
India’s biggest prize money for battle of bands contest has been an integral event of the Hornbill Festival extravaganzas since its inception in 2000. The contest that will see a tonne of earth-shattering bands will be held at the newly constructed venue at Solidarity Park, Kohima from December 1 to 10.
Last date for receiving entries: November 3
Results announcement for shortlisted bands: November 11
The Contest Prizes:
First prize : INR 10,00,000/
Second prize : INR 2,50,000/
Third prize : INR 1,50,000
How to Apply:
FOR BANDS OUTSIDE NAGALAND (Within India)
- Send application along with demo through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality of recording will not be given credit, however the demo should be clear enough for proper assessment.
- The demo can be any number of live/studio recording of cover or original song(s) in audio format.
- Bands will need to send in a band picture or band logo in jpeg format.
- There will be screening of lyrics this time so bands will need to send in the lyrics of the song they’re submitting. Any songs that may have anti religious/social themes in it will not be accepted.
- The last Date for entry is 3rd November, 2013. The organizers will not take responsibility for loss or late receipt of the same.
- Free Dormitory Accommodation will be provided at the venue. Those Bands desireous of availing this facility may apply with the number of persons. There will be seperate dormitories for men and women.
- Each band must prepare eight numbers preferably original numbers. Genre no bar.
- Organizers reserve the right to select any number of band, by any other mode they may be constrained to employ. All decisions made by the organizers are final and binding.
- The Selected bands will be informed by email or phone so kindly make sure valid contact details are sent.
Download Registration Form:
Kindly download the registration forms here.
FOR INTERNATIONAL BANDS
- Bands will have to take care of their visa’s for entering India and any other expenses required for their journey to Nagaland.
- All local expenses for travel, lodging and fooding will be taken care of by the organizers once selected for the Contest.
FOR LOCAL BANDS ONLY
For local bands from Nagaland, Live audition will be held at the Heritage (old DC Bungalow) Near Raj Bhawan Kohima. Confirmed date and time with other information will be given through Local daily Newspapers.
For Related Queries:
Control Room, Unitex Inc., Opp Kohima War Cemetery, Kohima.
Event Secretary Ph: 09089570500.
email id : email@example.com