In an effort to address the issues of racial discrimination and developmental activities in the region, North East India Welfare Society in association with North East MPs Forum is organising North East Interactive Meet 2015 on August 4, at Speaker Hall, Constitution Club Annexe, Rafi Marg, New Delhi.
The topic of discussion is “Deliberation on achieving actionable outcomes on various issues affecting NE people living in major cities across the country”.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-orange” ]Key Speakers[/highlight]
1. Mr Kiren Rijiju, MoS Home
2. Mr Sarbananda Sonowal, MoS Sports
3. Mr M.P. Bezbaruah, Retired IAS Officer
4. Mr P.A. Sangma, Meghalaya MP/Former Lok Sabha Speaker
5. Mr Robin Hibu, Joint CP (Delhi Police)
6. Mr P.D. Rai, Sikkim MP
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-pistachio” ]Topics[/highlight]
- Discussion on Bezbaruah Committee recommendations
- Discussion on NE MPs Forum memorandum to Hon’ble Prime Minister
- Q&A session with MPs.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-salmon” ]Attendees[/highlight]
Apart from North East MPs, the participants would include bureaucrats, NE community leaders and NGOs working for North East concerns, professional groups, resident commissioners of all North East State Bhawans and State Houses in Delhi and media fraternities.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-red” ]Event Schedule[/highlight]